San Canzian, About this beautiful venue in Istria
San Canzian Village & Hotel is a 5-star boutique hotel located in the heart of Istria, in the medieval village of Mužolini Donji, near Buje and Grožnjan. This authentic luxury hotel offers a unique experience of nature, gastronomy, and accommodations. Surrounded by olive gardens and vineyards, it features an outdoor pool and a well-known Luciano Restaurant & Bar.
San Canzian Village & Hotel is a place that feels like a dream home. It offers everything from a unique heritage concept to custom art and locally influenced design, along with highly personalized service. The hotel’s architecture is distinctive and exceptional, with all rooms and suites individually styled and designed, inspired by contemporary luxury and the charm of the Istrian countryside .
The hotel’s location is perfect for those who want to explore Istria’s rich cultural heritage. The medieval village of Mužolini Donji is a 14th-century Venetian fortress that has been reborn as the most important art colony in Istria. The village is surrounded by olive groves and vineyards, making it an ideal place to relax and unwind.
San Canzian Village & Hotel is also an excellent venue for events up to 50 people. The hotel offers several small exclusive structures with a premium restaurant, one of the best bars in Croatia, and an outdoor pool with sauna – all placed in exquisite surroundings of the traditional Istrian village and olive groves.
If you’re looking for a unique wedding venue, San Canzian Village & Hotel is the perfect choice. They offer a boutique approach to weddings and can arrange just the ceremony or full wedding packages with ceremony, dinner, and party. San Canzian can cater to small or big groups and offer unique and special wedding packages. They also provide honeymoon packages in one of their boutique hotels or stunning island villa.
Imagine your wedding in Istria in this luxe venue, followed by art and produce delivered daily by local farmers.
San Canzian offers the best of both worlds, modern design and experience mixed with traditional Croatian values.
Let’s talk money
How much does a wedding at San Canzian cost?
- To have a wedding at San Canzian you would need to book out all 29 rooms in the hotel. It’s up to the couple if they will be the ones paying for the rooms, or guests will cover this part. Keep in mind, the rooms minimum bookout is 3 nights.
- The fine dinning experience, followed by great wine an cocktails will cost you about 250,00 per person.
- The hotel offers a payment plan, meaning you won’t need to spend a big amount of money at one time. Rather it’s divided by smaller payments through the wedding planning period.
San Canzian is one of the venues in Croatia that is in the Luxe department, meaning it would require a bigger budget to plan a wedding there.
Based on the Michellin recommendation their restaraunt has, the interior design, quality of staff etc. I would say that San Canzian is a good value for money in the category of upscale weddings in Croatia.
In conclusion, San Canzian Village & Hotel is an excellent choice for those who want to experience the best of Istria’s rich cultural heritage. With its unique heritage concept, custom art, locally influenced design, highly personalized service, distinctive architecture, exceptional setting, and exquisite surroundings of the traditional Istrian village and olive groves, San Canzian Village & Hotel offers an unforgettable experience that will leave you wanting more.
How to spend your time in Istria following your wedding?
Here’s a list of things you can do pre and post your wedding day in Istria region.
Istria is a beautiful region in Croatia that offers a wide range of activities for tourists. Here are some of the best things to do in Istria:
- Visit Pula Arena: Pula Arena is one of the most famous landmarks in Istria. Well-preserved Roman amphitheater that was built in the 1st century AD. You can take a guided tour of the arena and learn about its history and architecture.
- Explore Rovinj: Rovinj is a charming coastal town that is known for its colorful houses, narrow streets, and beautiful beaches. You can take a stroll along the harbor, visit the Church of St. Euphemia, or enjoy some fresh seafood at one of the many restaurants in town.
- Visit Brijuni National Park: Brijuni National Park is a group of islands located off the coast of Istria. The islands are home to a variety of wildlife, including elephants, zebras, and llamas. You can take a 1guided tour of the islands and learn about their history and ecology.
- Go truffle hunting: Istria is famous for its truffles, which are a type of edible mushroom that grows underground. You can go on a truffle hunting tour and learn how to find truffles with the help of trained dogs.
- Visit Motovun: Motovun is a picturesque hilltop town that offers stunning views of the surrounding countryside. You can take a walk along the town walls, visit the Church of St. Stephen, or enjoy some local wine at one of the many wineries in town.
- Explore Poreč: it is another coastal town that is known for its beautiful beaches and historic landmarks. You can visit the Euphrasian Basilica, which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, or take a walk along the waterfront promenade.
- Go olive oil tasting: Istria is also famous for its olive oil, which is made from locally grown olives. You can go on an olive oil tasting tour and learn about the different types of olive oil and how they are made.
- Visit Grožnjan: It’s a small hilltop town that is known for its art galleries and music festivals. You can visit one of the many galleries in town, attend a concert at one of the local churches, or enjoy some local wine at one of the many wineries in town.
- Go cycling: Istria has many scenic cycling routes that are perfect for exploring the countryside. You can rent a bike and explore on your own or join a guided cycling tour.
- Sure, here are some more things to do in Istria:
- Visit the Lim Bay: The Lim Bay is a beautiful fjord-like bay located on the western coast of Istria. You can take a boat tour of the bay and enjoy the stunning views of the cliffs and the sea .
- Explore Hum: A small town located in central Istria that is known for its historic landmarks and beautiful countryside. You can visit the Church of St. Jerome, walk along the town walls, or enjoy some local wine at one of the many wineries in town .
- Visit Pazin Castle: Pazin Castle is a medieval castle located in the town of Pazin. It is one of the most important landmarks in Istria and is known for its impressive architecture and history. You can take a guided tour of the castle and learn about its history and significance .
- Go wine tasting: Istria is famous for its wine, which is made from locally grown grapes. You can go on a wine tasting tour and learn about the different types of wine and how they are made .
- Visit Grožnjan Jazz Festival: Grožnjan Jazz Festival is an annual music festival that takes place in the town of Grožnjan. It is one of the most important jazz festivals in Croatia and attracts musicians from all over the world.
Contact us for more information: https://www.croatiaweddingplanner.com/contact/